The direction of where we want to go and what we strive to
become as a district.
The Soledad Unified School District will empower every student
to achieve rigorous goals and thrive as life-long, resilient learners
who will become responsible, contributing citizens, prepared to
lead in a culturally diverse and global society.
The unique identity to which our organization aspires,
its specific purpose, and the means by which it will
achieve its purpose.
Every member of the Soledad Unified School District team
actively works to create the conditions for student success and
contribute to a positive learning environment. We commit
everyday to nurturing the unique skills and abilities of every
student and we work as a collaborative team within each school
site and our greater learning community to achieve our vision.
Empowering and motivating
every student, every day!
Core Values and Beliefs
Soledad’s core values guide our behavior and govern how we will
work together in carrying out the mission and vision of our
team. As a team we value: Relationships, Diversity, Integrity,
Innovation, & Connectivity
All people have value and worth and should be treated with dignity and respect.
• We embrace diversity and cultural differences as an asset and strength.
• We actively build positive relationships with students, parents, and the community.
• Student success is the primary focus of every member of the learning community.
• All students can and should learn and it is our responsibility to provide appropriate
opportunities to facilitate that learning.
• As a team, we can remove barriers to success in order to close the achievement gap.
• We are a proud community and lead with integrity at every level of the organization.
• We recognize that students learn in different ways and at different rates, and we will
provide for these differences.
• We function as a learning community and continuously strive for improvement and
• We provide equitable access to the conditions of learning necessary to promote excellence
• We engage students through critical thinking, collaboration, and relevant connections to
• We believe our community is essential to our work and we value strategic partnerships.